Do not think expository essay will be that easy to write because you will need to do a lot of research and analyzes. Your personal experience on the topic is important but you can not make it your only source.
Before you handle your task, you should do a thorough proof reading and editing to make your paper looks perfect.
You should focus on organization of your work process, and clear idea of what you are going to include in your essay, as well as your grounds for doing it.
We will guide you how to compose an A-level expository essay.
Types of expository essay
Look at these 5 most common types of expository essay:
- Descriptive. In this time of essay the author presents explanation of a person, object, event or location. This type of essay is good because you have certain freedom to choose the topic you want to work with. When writing, you have to focus on impressing your reader.
- Process. If you chose this type of essay you will need to provide an instruction on how to do something, for example write an expository essay.
- Comparison. In this essay you will be making analyzes of two different objects on how similar or different they are.
- Cause and effect. In this type of expository essay you have to describe one object/event/process and give its consequences on other object/people/life.
- Problem and solution. This is a typical academic assignment where you describe the problem and present possible ways of its solution. The structure would contain of a presentation of problematic issue and a list of solutions with explanation.
Winning topics for expository essay
You may find tons of samples of topics for this type of essay online. If your teacher lets you choose the topic, you should be very serious about it because the topic makes the tone of your paper. The effect on the reader also depends on whether your topic is current and interesting or no.
We advice give preference to more specific topics. Below you will find a list of amazing topics for your essay, or some of them may in spire you to creating your own.
Topics for 8 grade students
- What is our favorite time spending? Why do you enjoy doing it?
- Is there anyone you want to look like and why?
- Can you teach another person to ride a bicycle?
- What are your secrets of memorizing new words in foreign language?
- Do low grades at school make you feel bad?
Top level topics
- Is it possible to keep healthy diet and do sports when your funds are limited?
- Do you know how to liquidate bullying at schools?
- How do modern technologies influence relationships between people?
- What impact video games make on children?
- How to focus on non-materialistic things instead of materialistic?
Middle level topics
- What is your advice on time management?
- What are your character’s strong sides?
- Pros and cons of internet influence on communication between people
- Does the money turn you into a shopaholic?
- Why do you think there are so many divorces?
Best topics for high school students
- Do you have your favorite superhero? Why do you like them?
- Is personal independence important for people?
- How would you describe love?
- What does friendship mean to you?
- What do you think helps successful people be successful?
Best topics for college students
- Is it possible to reduce impact of mass media on our life?
- Where and why would you invest a good amount of money if you had one?
- Do you have your favorite writer or poet? Why do you enjoy reading their works?
- Is it possible to learn how to be a leader?
- How important is music for people?
Guidelines to write expository essay
If you found the right topic for your future essay, proceed to making a structure of it. If you have already accomplished other written tasks you know that their structure is similar, including expository essay.
Structure helps you keep your paper organized and logical. Expository essay consist of introductory part, body (3-5 paragraphs) and conclusion.
Here are several steps to begin working on your essay:-
- Define your target readers
- Select an interesting topic
- Look for reliable sources of information
- Conduct research
- Outline the structure of your essay
- Write an engaging introductory part
- Make your body parts logically linked to each other
- Make your conclusion brief and precise
- Do not forget about editing and proffreading
GET HIGH-QUALITY PAPERS FAST AND EASY
Plan of your essay
Making a logical plan for your paper makes the process of writing easier since you know which part is which after part, you know how to divide the information you have, and how to link it all together:
- Begin your essay with a catching introduction. Keep it short but concise.
- Then go to the biggest part – body of your essay. Depending on the amount of material you have it may consist of 3 to 5 paragraphs.
- Present a summing up of everything you wrote about in conclusion.
How to write introductory part
Introduction is the first thing your audience reads. This is why it is very important to make it interesting and memorable. If you fail doing so, the reader may not want to continue.
Here are 3 tips how to make your introduction catching:
- Present the main idea of the issue you are going to cover in your essay
- Provide your arguments to deal with this topic
- Compose a good thesis statement.
How to write a catching statement
Your statement will be great if you:
- Give facts
- Explain the main idea
- Explain the goals of writing the essay
How to write the body of your essay
As it was mentioned above the body may consist of 3-5 paragraphs. You will make your essay body great if you:
- Outline the main idea of each paragraph
- Include evidences of your point of you in each paragraph
- Explain the correctness of the provided evidences
Expert advice on writing expository essay
If you use serious approach to wiring your essay it will help you reveal and improve your writing and communication skills. The most important thing when you start making your written assignment is to select the topic of your interest. You probably know that when you like something you can perform better.
Another important thing to remember about expository essay is that you are the key figure in your essay. You present your point of view and you offer your audience to look at the problem you describe through the prism of your opinion. Do not forget to provide good support in form of facts to your statements. This is why every word you write is important.
You have to locate the information you want to share with your reader in logical order. It is like a puzzle, when put properly it will give the expected result. Do not steal words and thoughts of other people. If your opinions coincide explain why you think this or that way.
Your paper must not have mistakes. Remember to edit and proofread it when you finish writing. Also use proper lexical units to maintain a high level of your paper.
Custom papers on order
If this is your first written assignment of this type and you are a bit scared of the possible negative result if you write it yourself, or if you do not have time to make another written assignment because of a huge academic load, or you just do not have sufficient writing skills to compose a winning expository essay – you need to get help from expert writers.
At domywriting.com we fulfill written tasks of all levels of complexity and on numerous subjects. We will help you select a winning expository essay topic and provide you with top quality custom paper.
We guarantee uniqueness of our essays. It will have the necessary structure and contents, all the facts will be proved by good arguments. The paper will be based on trustworthy current information sources.
If you have any difficulties with writing your expository essay, we know how to help you perform good and impress your target audience.