Paragraph Essay Definition
In order to prepare a great essay paper, make sure to deal with the main definitions and concepts first. A 5 paragraph essay is an assigned academic paper that allows tutors checking students writing talents, skills, and general knowledge. It remains a writing piece which reveals a chosen topic. The essay provides information, research results, arguments, and evidence. The writer must provide a solid thesis statement and defend it before the audience. Moreover, it is great to be able to provide a short summary of the findings and numerous analyses’ results. Therefore, this type of academic paper help requires great writing, analytical and reading skills.
When dealing with 5 paragraph essay, students need to be very careful with the topic they choose or are assigned to by their tutors. Moreover, the entire reaction paper is based on the topic, thus it is obligatory to ensure the topic’s relevance and provide strong arguments and evidence. This is one of the most common academic assignments in college and university, but it can also be used during the post-graduate standard tests like IELTS and TOEFL. It is great to know the writing basis when you only apply for a place at college as well.
Various Types of Five-Paragraph Essays
It is preferable to know the peculiarities of every existed type of essay. There are the following main types of five-paragraph essay:
- Cause and effect
How to Write a Great Five-Paragraph Essay
There are some useful tips and guides writers can use to prepare a great five-paragraph essay. In general, this type of academic paper includes an introduction, a solid thesis statement in the last sentence, three or five body paragraphs, and a practical conclusion. The introduction can be started with a hook sentence. The body paragraphs must be started with a powerful argument:
- 1-st paragraph – argument #1
- 2-nd paragraph – argument #2
- 3-rd paragraph – argument #3
All the arguments you write down in the body part serve as supporting points for your main thesis statement. You need to provide at least three arguments and strong supporting evidence. In the case with a persuasive essay, every argument and evidence must be very persuasive to force the audience to share your point of view.
5 Paragraph Essay: How to Provide an Outline
With the proper topic chosen or provided by a tutor, you need to start preparing your outline. This is an essential part of every essay paper since it works as a plan for an entire writing piece. It helps to organize the writing process better and remember all the elements that must be included in a paper. Further, check the writing format peculiarities to provide a great introduction like in 1000-word essay. Often, an abstract is required, especially in the APA format. This is a short one-paragraph summary.
Always make sure to provide a proper outline since it serves as a road map for your writing process. Check every important section that you need to put into your essay more closely.
- Introduction – Remains an important part of every essay and reveals its main topic and thesis statement. It is better to start it with a hook sentence or some question to catch the reader’s attention. In this section, the writer needs to reveal the main idea of the paper to the target audience. Moreover, the thesis statement description and research problem issues should be also included in this part. The thesis statement must be provided in the last sentence.
- Topic Sentence – Reveals the specific essay paragraph’ s the main idea and shows its relevance to the main thesis statement.
- Strong Evidence – A few special sentences that support the provided arguments. It is better to prepare solid and up-to-date evidence when you conduct your analyses. The relevance of the evidence matters.
- Commentary – This relates to the writer’s feedback and comments on the chosen evidence.
- Conclusion sentence – This sentence is used to connect the main idea of the paragraph with the thesis statement.
- Conclusion – This section reveals the main arguments, the thesis statement, provides a summary of the body paragraphs, results of the conducted analyses and studies, and brings certain recommendations and motivation to the audience.
How to Perform a Three Paragraph Essay
There is no need to check various tutorials for a million times to learn how to write three paragraph essay. It is better to start writing it to figure out the best writing mechanism.
In short, the proper three-paragraph essay has the following structure:
- Topic sentence + Argument + Author’s Explanation
- List of References
You should also include in-text citations and bibliography to defend your ideas. Moreover, it is important to provide at least three credible sources in your essay paper. You can choose the sources where the other writers’ opinions provided, the ones that support your arguments. Choose only up-to-date sources, thus include the material that no older than 5 years. There is no need to count every sentence to come up with a good introduction and conclusions. These main elements have quite a standard basis.
The Introduction of 5 Paragraph Essay
The introduction is an essential part of an essay paper, which has quite a common structure. The great introduction always grabs readers’ attention with its opening sentence that includes the following parts:
- Thesis Statement
Using hooks in the introduction is quite a common practice, which allows grabbing the readers’ attention. Moreover, you can use anecdotes, provocative sentences, shocking facts and intriguing information to start your introduction. The great introduction makes the audience fascinated with what they are reading about and force them to continue reading the entire paper. The trailer allows showing what to expect next.
The opening sentences often reveal the main topic to the audience and allow readers to realize the importance of the chosen topic. It is great to show how gratefully helpful can be the topic discussion for every one of the readers. For example, the topic of corruption avoidance is an important issue for every modern citizen. The professional writers often use the quotes of famous people to add to the introduction.
Note: Professional Advice!
“Use the hook sentence, but after provide the background information about the problem revealed. It will allow your readers to evaluate the importance of the topic for a society. Provide a strong thesis statement. When you write about corruption, provide shocking facts and numbers to show the audience that the studies of this particular issue are extremely important for people in your own country and worldwide.”
The Conclusion of 5 Paragraph Essay
Before starting preparing a conclusion, it is great to figure out how the entire list of body paragraphs must be built. Moreover, it is crucial to provide proper links between paragraphs. Therefore, make sure to use enough transition words and phrases to connect the arguments into one single writing piece. You need to write essay for me, check every argument and provide proper evidence. Make sure to conduct all the needed analyses and provide practical findings. You can improve your body paragraphs, once including some examples into each paragraph.
With the main body paragraphs properly written, start writing the last conclusion paragraph. You need to use transition words as well to bring the reader to the final point of the entire paper. You need to prepare conclusions which are related to all the body paragraphs. Make sure to explain how all the paragraphs are linked and provide predictions and recommendations.
Use the Grading System to Check Your Essay
There is a special general grading system, which can allow you to check your written paper and figure out its importance for readers. Therefore, if you want to examine your five-paragraph essay, the advanced five-point system can be used. The five-point grading system includes the following top features to check:
- Focus. Were the supporting evidence solid enough to defend every written argument and the main thesis statement?
- Organization. What the used essay structure proper with all the main elements included, like outline, abstract, conclusions?
- Conventions. Were there any errors in sentences, including grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes?
- Style. Was the used vocabulary great enough to describe and reveal the topic successfully?
- Content. Was the student able to defend every of the provided arguments properly?
The Top 30 Topics for 5 Paragraph Essay
You can conduct research in order to find the best topic for your essay. It is in a case when you have no topic assigned by your tutor. It is preferable to choose your topic based on the following parameters:
- How easy it could be to find supporting evidence?
- How easy it could be to provide solid arguments?
- Will you have enough information to write about?
- Will you be able to provide a hook introduction sentence?
- Could the chosen subject be properly described and analyzed?
- How could your findings help to solve the problem?
GET HIGH-QUALITY PAPERS FAST AND EASY
The top 30 list of the best topics for a five-paragraph essay will help you to prepare an excellent paper.
Five-Paragraph Essay Topics for Middle School
- What should be done in order to save rare species from extinction?
- The reasons to let students use their mobile phones in classes
- The forbidden usage of makeup for school children
- The special proficiency tests for school teachers to prove their competence
- The increased obesity’s level caused by fast-food manufacturers’ activity
- The low level of soccer popularity in the United States
- The huge payments for sports celebrities: reasons and consequences
- The urgent need to popularize e-books and tablets
- The overpaid politicians: how much to pay for people who do nothing
- The personal heroes’ presentation
- The person to spend a day with. Why would you choose the exact person?
- The educational tools and methods to learn Math well
- English language classes’ importance
- The uniform for school students
- Higher education brings no successful job
Topics for High School Students
- The men on the top positions in global corporations: reasons and consequences
- What is the difference between high school bullying and dictatorship?
- The new subject voting: the core curriculum
- The reasons to pay Hollywood actors too much money
- The death penalty in the United States: reasons and consequences
- The increased freedom to the students in educational institutions
- The separate classes for boys and girls: pros and cons
- The killing effect of a nuclear weapon usage
- The immoral principles of using animals in scientific experiments
- The proper age for dating and making a family
- The social norm and rules to be changes in the close future
- The power of E-learning in modern society
- The fake equality between people in the world
- Fashion provides no help to define your personality
- The unfair high school grading system in the world countries
If you search for a great topic for 5 paragraph essay paper, you can use the top 30 topics provided above. You can change or modify the presented topics to prepare an excellent 5 paragraph essay paper.